Wednesday, September 20, 2006

June 27, 2006

Ok, so first thing....  Paul's address is:

Paul Monsour
1002 Chester St.
Alexandria, LA 71301

So, I'll reply to this e-mail first and then let you know how my week
went and transfers.....

So, Sister Henderson told me you had talked to her. And that you gave
her some good advice that she appreciated. About how you had been
dating that one guy in Idaho.... before Dad. And yeah.... So she's
engaged to the Ward Mission Leader down in Zachary! I actually got the
chance to meet him at Zone Conference. He had driven some of the
missionaries there. But I didn't know anything then.... Fun stuff! The
Maam.... it's coming I guess. I say it WAY more than I ever did before.

I'm so glad you chaperoned with Amber! She's so much fun! And always
full of energy! I'm getting some tapes today and I'm going to record
some songs that I would like the sheet music too but I have no idea who
sings them or anything.... So I'll record them so you at least know
what they sound like..... Youth Conference was always so much fun- but
not a lot of sleep! Good times tho.... Do they allow teepeeing anymore?
Cause sometimes that was the best part! I know most of those girls you
mentioned. They were some of my girls at Girls Camp and then Mackii
was in a dance class at Retters with me once. And then I would really
like Jake's address..... writing time is scarce, but I write everyone, at
least every now and then. I got a letter from Christian in Korea- I
haven't responded to it quite yet, and a letter from Terrell- he's doing
good. I haven't heard from Pete, but he's back home now and I don't
have an address anymore..... Sad day. Tell Maren I said HI!

Yeah, I don't know what happened with the whole Nina and Jake thing....
but Nina was glad to hear that he was doing well. I think there was
some harsh feelings somewhere.....

Ok, so I haven't heard much from my roommates, they were always bad at
writing.... but the worst of them all was Ashley- she never wrote
anything to anyone, but I received a letter from her. I don't know what's
happening with Natalie and Phil, but i wrote Mark again. LB I haven't
heard from, but she's probably dating someone and helping out at home or
with Vermil and Tommy..... Ashley was not engaged when she last wrote
me, but was rooming with two girls from TO- Brighton, Heartford, I
think and someone else.... When you say Sam Carey- Sam Beal? That's
awesome!!! She said she had been thinking about it, but I didn't know she
was thinking about it that much. As for Natalie, she said she envied me
for being born sooner- it meant I could go sooner- so I knew she wanted
to go! I hope they do! They'll be awesome and it will be one of the
greatest things they can ever do. Sister Benham has a quote
actually.... She's finding it so... here it is : "Many young women are serving
missions: many are purposingto strive, not because they aren't married or
don't have anything else to do, but because they have the desire to
serve and therefore are being called to the work. The reason there are so
many going is because in this next generation, Heavenly Father will be
sending His Priesthood army to the earth and he wants to send them to
mothers who have been properly trained in the gospel, and what better
training can a young woman have than that of serving a mission." -
President Hinckley. As far as me tracting and actually saying things- there
is no need for my shyness anymore. I'm starting to realize that and
it's becoming more and more easier to talk.

I hope I've lost weight but I don't think so.... I love my hair tho!
And some of the bugs were inside- the spider was and we killed it....
if you zoom in you can see the guts.... I think the rest were outside
including the crayfish. The dog is not the one that chased me, but that
would be a good idea.... The lady's baptism is Joyce's! I've made so
many friends! I love it! And we're teaching this lady-Zahkila, and
her 2 kids are so cute! She'll be baptized soon! But I'll have to hear
about it.... If you could send a copy of Paul's baptism to the Mission
Office that would be great- I don't have a copy of those to send and
they want pictures of all of our baptisms.

I didn't get to go to the temple yet, but Zone Conference was at the
Church building right next to it, so I took a picture. I'll be going at
least when Paul goes through the temple. I have not gotten the
blazer.... And as far as letters I've gotten a few recently.... That's good.
They can always send letters to the mission office- they'll forward
them to wherever I'm at.

No I can't go on any websites except the e-mail site. And yes I'm
ready for a transfer. I haven't really gotten homesick. I think of home
but I'm not trunky. Trunky is thinking of home and not being able to
wait til you get home. If I can't wait til I get home it's just cause I
want to look back and see the improvement. And be able to come back
and visit. But no, not really. I haven't been homesick yet, and I don't
plan on it! Yay! Oh, but Elder Davis- in my district, he just got
news that his brother, serving in CA went home early. Keep him in your
prayers. It's really hard on him. They're twins and always planned on
going out together. And then Elder Davis, the one here got engaged
instead and went through a really hard time beforehand. But he's here and
part of that was because of his brother who now came home early- it's
really getting to him.... :(

Ok, so for important news! I am being transferred! I'll still be a
junior companion- phew! I'm going to Ponchatoula above New Orleans and
above Lake Ponchartrain! For hurricane season! So, I have to stay
organized so it'll be easy to evacuate! Fun stuff! My companion will be a
Sister Goertzen. I've been told that she's been depressed recently and
Sister Benham hates to see me go but says she probably needs me. And I
go where the Lord needs me- so that's where I'm going. Sister Benham
is staying here. She will be Greenie breaking again- my companion from
the MTC- Sister McCrea! My new district leader will be an Elder Jones
who is in my Zone right now- so I know someone.... Well, let's see how
much of my week I can type before it's time to go.....

I'll send this one off and send another one!

Love you all!
Thanks for the letters!!!
Sister Jamie Lang!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home